A town set in the valley of the Brtnicka river on the road from Jihlava to Trebic. It is surrounded by deep woods and romantic hillsides. The first written reference about Brtnice is from 1234. The Brtnicky chateau surely belongs among significant architectural monuments. Another interesting edifice is also the Renaissance city hall from the second half of 16th century as well as the parish church of St. Jakub Vetsi or the chateau castle with a Secession altar. In 1715 the devastating plaque came to Brtnice. This illness carried away thousands of citizens. In a memory of the then thanksgiving, when the town had survived, an historical procession takes place here every third year. More than two hundred of citizens in costumes interpret monks, craftsmen, the princely family etc. and walk through the town when shooting from mortars and peal of bells. All of this is a very interesting and colourful show from the beginning of 18th century.